October 24, 2022 (Last Updated October 31, 2022)Marcy G.
When self-publishing your book, choosing a book binding style is one of the many decisions you’ll need to make. Paperback or hardcover? Both book binding styles have their advantages, but most self-publishers go with paperback book printing. Why?
Paperback binding, also known as perfect binding, is the most popular book binding option. Paperbacks are popular for many different genres.
A perfect bound book has a paper cover that is bound together with adhesive on the spine.
The cover of a paperback book can be as attractive as its hardcover counterparts. It can feature print techniques to make it stand out on the shelf and attract readers. At 48 Hour Books, we offer our Diamond 3D foil, clear and smart texture. These book cover options make your book look like the best sellers.
Here are five reasons self-publishing authors like printing paperback books.
1. Easy to transport. You want your readers to love your book so much that they take it with them. Paperback books travel well. They are flexible and light, so they are extra portable.
A paperback book is the one readers put in their beach bag, throw in their purse or backpack for their commute and lend to friends. If you want your book to be easy to pick up and read anytime, anywhere, paperback is a great choice.
2. Durable. Paperbacks don’t have to be flimsy. In fact, at 48 Hour Books, uses PUR adhesive, an extra-strong glue used along the spine to keep the book intact.
PUR adhesive is the most durable adhesive available for book binding. We want our self-publishing authors to have the best quality books that will last, so that’s why we only use PUR adhesive for our paperback books.
3. Cost-effective printing. Paperback books are less expensive to print than hardcover, yet they still look great. For self-publishers, printing on softcover saves money. This is one of the reasons most self-published books are paperbacks.
At 48 Hour Books, we print paperback books in 48 hours. If you approve your perfect bound book on Monday, we will ship the books on Wednesday. (Don’t forget to add shipping time to determine your books’ arrival date.) If you need your books faster, we also offer rush and super rush print options. See our book printing schedules.
4. Lower shipping costs. Paperback books are less expensive to ship since they weigh less than hardcover. This adds to the cost-effectiveness of this type of binding.
At 48 Hour Books, we can ship to most locations within two days. We now have two locations, Las Vegas, NV, and Akron, OH. When using our instant cost calculator, and putting in your zip code, it will automatically determine which location can provide the fastest delivery time. See our easy-to-follow shipping schedules.
5. Readers prefer paperback! Perhaps the best reason to choose paperback book printing is that is the style most preferred by readers. The lower price point, flexibility and ease of transport mean this style of binding is the most sold!
If you are interested in printing a paperback book, you can get a quick print quote from 48 Hour Books. Simply use our cost calculator. By inputting some basic information about your book, you’ll get an immediate print quote.
Printing a paperback book doesn’t have to be stressful. 48 Hour Books wants to help you realize your self-publishing dreams.
If you need paperback book printing services, 48 Hour Books offers high-quality printing, excellent support from our customer service team, book cover design assistance and free resources for authors.
Let us give you some help. Sign up to get our best book formatting advice.
Subscribe to the 48 Hour Books Newsletter for more self-publishing tricks and tips, author spotlights, notices about upcoming deals, and more!